Sunday, April 03, 2005

I think I had a manic episode.

I just had about two days of utter euphoria, followed by a day of feeling really drained. That sounds manic, right? I don't think the cause was chemical, though. Is there such a thing as situational mania?

I met with my friend from high school, whose name is now Jakob. He is awesome. He is fit and gorgeous, if I'm allowed to say that about an old friend, and he's got the glow of love around him not only from his awesome boyfriend but from his human rights work, spiritual guidance, and sense of the sacred. His family seems generally really cool, although Jakob assures me they aren't always that well-behaved. He talked to my parents, which I think helped them. We hung out at Sacred Grounds, at his parents' house, had breakfast, went book-hunting, went to Tomes and Treasures, and EVENTUALLY I made myself go away. I miss him but I will see him this summer when we road trip to the Bay Area to move our stuff.

I am so excited about the rest of my life. It's like I've just climbed a hill and am looking West and there's all these other hills and even mountains out there I'll have to climb but the view from here is GREAT.

1 Comments:

At 8:52 AM, Blogger innocentwater said...

^^ Sometimes just having a really awesome experience can make me super happy for days. I'm glad you got a chance to see Jakob. :D

Rock on, random situational mania thing. Rock on. :)

Friends are like drugs though. Sometimes they can make you feel really high. ^^

 

Post a Comment

<< Home