Monday, March 07, 2005

Today was weird.

I went and got my blood glucose measured today. After poking me about fifty thousand times they got a reading-- a fasting level of 220. I was in fits. Then they sent me for a urine test and then poked me some more. My urine was fine, but when they managed to get a second reading it was again 220. I left to go get food (because at that point I was about to pass out) and as I was eating the nurse called me on my cell to say "Oh, yeah. I just checked mine too, and mine was 300. And I'm not diabetic. So maybe there's a problem with our tester." Maybe. Anyway I'm not dead yet. I'm probably fine. I think.

Saturday I went to the ren faire. I love the ren faire. I'm going back again on Sunday I think, since Sunday will be my 25th birthday.

4 Comments:

At 1:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jesus Christ! I swear I think it's the goal of doctors and hospitals to screw with our head. When I had food poisoning, they were convinced I was pregnant for several hours. I kept trying to tell that the chances of that were astronomically low biologically speaking, but... they tend to always think they're right. Luckily, your nurse had enough sense to test her own blood sugar and give you a call :)
I'm glad you're fine. Or else you'd have had to start buying a LOT more vitamins :)

 
At 4:29 PM, Blogger Kerrick said...

Yeah, well. That's Parkview for ya.

Why did they think that you were pregnant for several hours? Isn't it common knowledge that most pregnancies last several months?

I'm probably fine. I'm still watching what I eat and slowly reintroducing simple carbs to see if I get all whacked out.

 
At 4:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

why introduce simple carbs back in? You don't need them, they're just empty sugar. We should all get rid of simple carbs in our diet. Replace them with complex carbs.
And by the way - funny. I was not expecting that - made me totally crack up. Thanks. I needed that right now :)

 
At 10:53 PM, Blogger Kerrick said...

I didn't mean permanently. More by way of a test. And because I need to have the option of eating white pasta now and again or else I run the risk of not being able to eat, since I have so little control over what food I have available. But yes, the focus is definitely on the complex carbs-- and when I have tried simple carbs they have been pretty unappealing to me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home