Friday, February 18, 2005

To the Gentleman who Claimed I Broke His Stereo, Temporarily

Dear Sir:

You left your car outside my apartment for ten minutes with your car stereo blaring at a truly distracting volume. You left your car unattended and with the keys inside, with all windows open. Your taste in corporate radio, by the way, leaves something to be desired.

I did leave a note upon your windshield requesting, in rather curt terms, that you be more considerate in the future. Before I did this, I looked into the window, without placing my head or hand or any part of my body into your vehicle, to ascertain that there was no one in the car and to marvel at the carelessness with which you treated your valuable property. At no time did I touch your radio, which you can verify by having it dusted for fingerprints-- or rather you could if you had not already destroyed any hope of this returning results.

The radio was still going when I returned to my room, as you know because you were already approaching your car.

I suggest, if you are concerned about your property, that you secure your vehicle before leaving it for an extended period. As it is, when you returned and said that although your radio was working again you had filed a complaint because it is illegal to look into a parked vehicle or leave a note on the windshield, I about busted a gut. Of course it isn't; that's ridiculous. To check, I called a friendly and helpful law enforcement officer, and he laughed too.

Perhaps your radio ceased to work because you had overtaxed its sad little speakers by blaring crap through it at maximum volume for an extended period of time? Or because you saw me looking into your car and thought you could get money out of me?

You fool. Bother me no more with your baseless ramblings.

Sincerely,
Apt. 2

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home