Thursday, March 17, 2005

Do yah ever have those dreams...

...that are sequels to other dreams you had months or years ago?

A long time ago I had a dream where I went to Ireland, this particular part of Ireland I'm not really sure where it is, and I borrowed a horse to ride around because the roads weren't really fit for cars and I didn't have one anyway. Well, as it was getting late I realized I didn't have anyplace to pasture the horse. So I came upon this sort of shack in the woods and there was a little pasture beside it. I went to the door of the shack to ask whoever lived there if I could put the grey out to pasture in their field for the night. The old woman who lived there all alone was really suspicious of me and kind of nasty, but I perservered, and finally she let me pasture the grey and then invited me in for some tea and then confessed how lonely she was, and we got to talking. We talked all night, almost. She turned out to be really nice, only all the other people in the village ignored her and some said she was a witch and others that she was crazy.

Last night I dreamed I went back there and she had died, but had left me her farm in her will, and there was another village girl taking care of it for me. My father was with me and I told him this story of how I had met her, and how strange it was that when she met me I was a girl and now I was a boy, and I wondered what the people of the little village would think. And I found an antique set of jade forks and spoons in a shop for seven pounds twenty three.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home