Thursday, December 16, 2004

A dream

Last night I was half awake and half asleep, and I dreamed I traveled astrally to a place which was known to be troubled by unhappy spirits. I wanted to fix this, so I boldly strode in, dropped my shields, and said "Okay, what do you have to say?" Instantly one of the entities possessed me, and I observed with mild irritation as my body, back in my bedroom, coughed and buckled and a giant snake-shaped manifestation made of mucous shot out of my mouth. I could quite physically feel this, although obviously it didn't happen physically. I recall thinking, "Okay, fine, be that way. This is not communication, and you sure as hell aren't taking advantage of me again." So as soon as I had wrested control back I banished, shielded with four elements and a ring of flashing knives, and left without a look behind me. Then I woke up.

Unlike some dreams which happen when I'm on the border of consciousness and have to do with non-ordinary realities and include physical sensations, I am firmly convinced that this was, simply, a dream. It might have to do with the fact that I am sick. Of course mercury is in retrograde for another few days, and I've felt blocked in my efforts to communicate-- with friends, coworkers at the museum, and college staff. So that might have something to do with it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home