Friday, October 15, 2004

Note the new addition...

Just to the right of this text on your screen you may observe the link to streaming audio of stuff from my Last.fm profile. If you are curious as to what I'm listening to these days, or care to make fun of my musical tastes, or just want to try out this rather tetchy beta version of a customizable streaming audio service which will be very cool once the bugs are worked out, then please feel free. If you like it enough to get your own Last.fm account, let me know. (It's donationware at the moment.) The link will open a small popup window which will offer you a music stream of random stuff I've decided I like. It has been known to switch profiles for some reason on rare occasions, so if you suddenly hear reggae, it's not me I swear.

I like Last.fm for being donationware, for having a wide variety of cool stuff instead of just mainstream crap, and for their staff being so friendly and open to suggestions. The more people sign up and donate to them, the more they can improve the service, such as by getting even more artists signed up, and they're also extremely useful for unsigned bands and artists who want their music heard, but not stolen.

I don't like that it's still somewhat buggy. The weird ghost noises when it's tuning in are great and retro, but for some reason I get these more than other people seem to. But I have great hope for the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home