Thursday, September 16, 2004

My housemates make me SICK

...with the little sickness bugs which make my throat all scratchy. Damn you and your sickness bugs! Damn YOOOOOU!

Er, well, I suppose I could be sleeping more and eating better. The University of Nebraska pays me five dollars every six months so they can call me and remind me to eat my vegetables. (I'm contributing to SCIENCE!) They seem to be focusing on the social factors of eating vegetables, like how people often feel that their peers will make fun of them if they see them eating vegetables at a party. No, I'm quite serious. Needless to say this is less than ideal for me particularly. But they give me money and I don't particularly mind doing the study.

I need to also find ways to manage my stress levels. I should definitely be meditating before bed, for instance. A few nights ago I had a dream which involved killing people, and that usually only happens when I'm very stressed out. (It does not, fortunately, increase my propensity for actually killing people.) I've also been taking more notice of my anger and frustration levels, while driving for instance. Those need to be managed. Time to start calling people "weird fucker" again.*

Perhaps tomorrow I'll start my internship. Go work at the museum in the morning, come home in the afternoon and write. A lot. Yeah, that sounds good. Saturday should be fencing and good old fashioned escapism, which should also help. And Sunday, maybe I'll go home and see my parents for the first time in weeks.

*Right. Ever since I saw Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas I've found that if I'm getting ready to call someone an appellation like "bastard" "asshole" or "you brains made of cabbage person"#, if I call them "weird fucker" instead it causes me to be less angry. Perhaps because I am then reminded that they are at least not attacking me with a knife as the product of some drug crazed lunacy.

#Actually, "you brains made of cabbage person" would probably work too. Insincere apologies for the nested footnotes.

3 Comments:

At 2:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's ALWAYS a good time to start calling people "weird fucker" again...
---Amarna

 
At 7:40 PM, Blogger Kerrick said...

Yay! First comment! I hereby confer upon you the title of First Commentator!

 
At 5:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Booya, Master Chief!
---Amarna

 

Post a Comment

<< Home