Friday, April 02, 2004

Still working on the whole getting well thing. Starting to get depressed, too, which I guess could be connected to the cough-- see, the emotional state connected with the Lung energy system is sadness, so if you're sad for a long period of time it can weaken the lungs or if your lungs are weak it can lead to depression, according to Chinese medicine. Or it could have to do with the feelings of alienation. If I'm going to find a community of people who don't judge me negatively on the basis of my gender identity, it should probably be at my tiny, radical, politically leftward leaning college. But I feel like a stranger here. It might help if I actually talked to people about it other than close friends, but that's hard to do. I still want to try having a Transeverything Weekend or something, with movies and games mixed with educational lectures and fora. Maybe in the fall.

On the up side, my dear friend Erin is in town for a visit. I have missed her so much, and every time I see her I am struck by how she has grown as a person and stayed the same all at once. It's, um, actually sort of inspiring. She would probably smack me around for saying that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home