Wednesday, March 03, 2004

On Sunday I came out to my parents about my androgyny.

I don't think I had really planned on it. I wanted to tell them, but I wanted to wait until I'd been going to see my new therapist for a few months. That way, I believed, I would be better prepared to answer their questions. But I don't think I did a bad job-- maybe I could have communicated more effectively in writing. I am so grateful for how well they've reacted. I know they don't really understand what this is yet-- that I'm a gender-variant person and that's never going to change, and forgetting about it won't make it go away or make me any happier. But heck, there are things I don't understand about this yet, and some things I'll never understand (like why me?).

I have the best parents in the world. This isn't easy to deal with, but they still love me anyway, and I know I'll have their support no matter what.

In other news, today I go to see Mary for the first time (in an official capacity, anyway) and I'm really looking forward to it, albeit nervously. Saturday is the second group session. I have a paper due on Friday I haven't started yet, and I need to do some Greek translation. Friday is James' birthday party, and next week is Grandma's, and Tampa Faire is starting up. I can't believe how much I have to do. No wonder sleep eludes me.

And I got the silver stuff! I made two things. The first thing broke and the second thing wasn't entirely dry yet so it exploded a little in the kiln-- but it's still useable, and I can fix the first thing when I get a handheld butane torch. I really want to make custom jewelry for people. It would be a great creative outlet, and I could earn a little money doing it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home