Thursday, June 10, 2004

Today, worked from 12:30 to 6:30 cutting lumber, framing a wall, and hitting things with a hammer, quite happily in fact. It was fun, other than working with the two-by-tens which were pressure treated, damp, long, and HEAVY. Those were for filling in sections of the block wall which hadn't come together properly and were too big for mortar. I ended the day tired but happy.

Until I realized I'd left my phone, my wallet, and all other precious lifesaving things at the job site.

I turned right around to get it, but it wasn't there. I assumed Will had taken it home with him, and I went to his house, but he wasn't there. I went nuts, got home safely (barely), threw things at innocent and unsuspecting Dave, tried to call Will, couldn't get his number right (because it's stored in my phone), tried calling the only people I knew of who would know his number, failed (I think Karsten's in Germany or something), called my own phone several times, snapped at Rew when he called, and in general raged around the house for longer than human beings are supposed to be able to sustain irrational rage.

It does not help that I am aware most of that emotion comes from the approaching estrogen poisoning. I hate it I hate it I hate it.

Finally Will picked up on my cell, assured me my life was saved, and now I am able to sleep. Rew was also very helpful in calming me down. I should be more sorry than I am for flinging objects at Dave's head. Maybe tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home